P.E.O. & P.O.
- System Administrator
|BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONOURS) (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)|
(Career and professional accomplishment that the program is preparing graduates to achieve [Felder & Brent, 2005])
Our graduates are expected to achieve one or more of the following PEOs within five years of graduation from our program:
(1) Excel in engineering practices in various industries.
(2) Establish themselves as leaders in their professional careers.
(3) Earn an advanced degree or professional certification.
(Statement of knowledge, skills and behaviours that students are expected to acquire by the time they graduate [Felder & Brent, 2005])
- Applyknowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems particularly in mechanicalengineering.
- Identify, formulate and analyzecomplex engineering problems to an extent of obtaining meaningful conclusions using principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Designsolutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes to within the prescribed specifications relevant to mechanical engineering with appropriate considerations for public health and safety, society and environmental impact.
- Investigatecomplex mechanical engineering problems using research-based knowledge and research methods to provide justified conclusions.
- Create, select and applyappropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and computational tools to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Applyappropriate reasoning to assess contemporary societal, health, safety and legal issues to establish responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Demonstratethe knowledge of and need for sustainable development in providing professional engineering solutions.
- Applyethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Communicateeffectively both orally and in writing on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and society.
- Functionsuccessfully and efficiently as an individual, and as a member or leader in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Recognizethe need for, and is capable to undertake life-long learning in the broadest context of knowledge and technological change.
- Applyknowledge and understanding of project management and finance to engineering projects.
Reviewed and approved by the school board members on November 13, 2013.
Last Updated on Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:26